Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Real Nurse?

Many of you are dying to know what's going on with my job. Here's the update:

I talked to the nurse recruiter at Ft. Lewis just yesterday morning. She said that the human resources office should be making me an offer in about two weeks (finally!). If I like the offer, I could be working in the step-down ICU about three weeks from today. I'm both excited about it and dreading it.

It's been fun playing at home with Huck--no wories and no bosses over me. In the meantime, Major Rolph gave me a thick packet of things I need to remember by the time I come to work; all the most frequent issues and medications they deal with in that unit. So in other words, I've got homework! Can you believe that!?

2 comments:

sacweb said...

Hey, That's exciting...And dreadful, just like you said. Having the pressure to perform and have a schedule, etc. But you'll be such a wonderful nurse! You're so caring and intelligent. I'm sure you'll find rewards, too.
Love Dad

sacweb said...

I got an error when posting, so I don't know it the message came through. I just had said that I hope your studies are going well. I know that for me I enjoy learning much more in a CE setting where I'm not being compared to other students.
Dad