Thursday, February 7, 2008

Grocery Shopping Needs Help

Jaime: "Honey, we've got absolutely nothing left to eat in this house. Do you want to come to the store with me?"

Ann: [sigh] "No...I know I should make a list first so we don't just grab all the ready-made food and waste money."

Jaime: "Ok. Well, what do you want to do about tonight? I'm sort of getting hungry."

Ann: [Fidgets.] "Can't you catch some squirrels in our backyard?"

Jaime: "Annie, I think you have a serious problem with grocery shopping. We need to figure out how make this work for us."

I've tried rewarding myself with a movie every time I do go shopping. I've tried making a schedule (every Thursday no matter what). I've tried different stores to see if any are easier to navigate. I've even tried pairing up with a shopping buddy for a "time out" instead of "a chore." None of the above works. All I can say is I'm not a shopper.

If anyone has the same issues and has formed a "grocery-shopping-aversion disorder" group, please invite me! If there are any ideas discussed in this GSAD group to help alleviate the pain, let me know, too!

The ironic thing is I love to cook! What would be a dream come true is a touch pad in my kitchen where I order my ingredients and they magically get deposited right here in my kitchen by invisible conveyor belts all the way from the store to here. Now wouldn't that be nice?

1 comment:

j- said...

GSAD! I am all over it! I hate to grocery shop!! Especially without lists. And I hate making lists!! When you find the group sign me up too!