Saturday, December 23, 2006

Vizcaya Gardens

white flowers close upJaime and I rode the metro-rail one stop away from our apartment and we got to see all this! Beautiful landscaped Gardens and an elegant, other-world style house. We can't imagine how many gardeners would be required to maintain this level of care over such a vast area. Wow!
water fountainBuilt by agricultural industrialist James Deering in 1916, Vizcaya Museum & Gardens features a main house, ten acres of formal gardens, a hardwood hammock, and soon-to-be-restored historic village.
Jaime and Ann standing side by side I let myself have a little fun with pink trimmed hair between the end of school and the beginning of my first job. There is pretty much no other time in my life when I could do this, so I had a few weeks of enjoyment before being required to "look professional" again.
walkway of gardenDeosn't this make you want to grab a book and a blanket and go find a hidden spot to read?

Posted by Picasa
Link Click here for web page of Gardens if you want to go visit.

No comments: